P.R.A.D.E.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Audio Blogs Are The New Ish

As the new DangerDoom and Kanye West albums slowly leak into the blogsphere, I just have to give a big thank you to all the audio bloggers out there. They scour the P2P networks so you don't have to.

And I truthfully believe that they are a boon to the music industry. Most of them keep tracks up just for a few days, and they normally leak just a few tracks. Rather then cutting into record sales, I think they help build hype for new releases in ways that radio can't. As a full time pedestrian, I rarely listen to radio anyway. And the bloggers allow the less commercial tracks from new albums to hit the podwaves even though those same cuts would never see the light of day on radio, MTV, or BET. Plus the mixes that the cyber DJs out there put out are sick - I can sit at my computer rocking out to iller jams than anything spinning at DC clubs.

And thanks to them, I'm sitting here writing about how dope the new MF Doom offering is, and telling you that the Kanye album seems like a huge step up in maturity for K West the Egomaniac, at least musically.

Just wanted to give a little shine to the audiobloggers - your efforts are appreciated. Thanks for both your commentary and your contributions to my iTunes.

If you are new to the game, some of my favorites include:
Lemon-Red
Checkerboard Chimes
Certified Bananas
Get Stoopid
Cult Status
Why F Around
So Many Shrimp
Government Names
Weave in they hair weed in they purse
Houston So Real

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home