P.R.A.D.E.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Iron Mike

Just thought I'd share the good news - just snatched up tickets to go to the Tyson fight on Saturday night.

Ever since this . . .



. . . I've been a Tyson follower. Not a "fan" but a spectator, because you can't really say you are a fan of a convicted rapist, spouse abuser and potential cannibal. But how can you not be mesmerized by the Tyson phenomenon - it transcends boxing and touches on issues of race, class, fame and violence in America. It is the ultimate American personal tragedy, and as good of a story as that of Cinderella Man, Jim Braddock - but for completely opposite reasons.

So I'm pumped that I'll be there Saturday night in my pinstriped suit - whether it is to see the final nail in the Tyson boxing coffin or just an average C-class heavyweight fight. But let's hope that we'll all see at least a flash of the Tyson of old . . . .

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home