P.R.A.D.E.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Jock Art

Cool Hunting just gave me the heads up to an innovative and creative art project called RECYCL'art, in which select artists refashion the sporting equipment of famous athletes to help raise awareness about environmentalism among sports fans.

The exhibit is directed by Yuko Tamae of the IGFY Corporation an environmentalist sports company and is in its fourth year.

Two of my favorites are pictured below. I love what the artist says about the dog, which is made from Yomiuri Giants first baseman Kazuhiro Kiyohara’s baseball shoes and batting gloves . “I thought of Kazuhiro Kiyohara as he protects base and it reminded me of a guard dog protecting their home ground, Tokyo Dome,” the artist explains, “Whenever the opponent comes, he’s ready to bite!” And the soccer cleat shark is just really cool.



0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home