P.R.A.D.E.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Tape Men

A friend and co-worker hipped PRADE on to a great DC street artist named Mark Jennings.

Mark documents his works on his own blog, Tape Men - apparently named after a series he does of men made out of . . . tape.

As a pure coincidence, I saw someone holding a tape baby on Saturday sitting outside of Cafe Saint Ex. Now I know just what it was I saw - as I had just assumed the gentlemen at the table got bored with the conversation and whipped up a small man made of tape.

To get a sense of the artist and his work, I suggest reading this great post about a piece he put together in a local park. It shows Mark's desire to create dialogue with his work and his interest in creating dynamic interactions with "charged" spaces.





Via the culture guru, Clay.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home